China exports huge amounts of customized ceramic mugs to world every year. Why do so many people prefer ceramic materials? The reason is that ceramics are cheap and have many advantages over other materials, such as strong plasticity (unique shape), smooth surface and easy cleaning, and non-toxic and harmless materials after high temperature baking (some of them are easy to be healthy), which make ceramics popular among the public. Don’t you know how such a ceramic mug could be produced in the factory?
Let’s look at how the ceramic mug goes from clay to mug:
1, mud: from the mining area to take porcelain stone, after the water beat fine, washing, remove impurities, after the precipitation into brick-like clay. Then mix the mud with water, get rid of the residue, rub with hands, or trample with feet, to squeeze out the air in the mud, and make the water in the mud even.
2. Casting: throw the mud ball into the center of the wheel of the pulley, and pull out the rough shape of the body with the bending, stretching and releasing of the technique.
3. Blank printing: The appearance of the impression mold is to rotate according to the arc inside the blank, cover the semi-dry blank on the mold, evenly pat the blank outside wall, and then demodulate.
Billet: it is a technically demanding procedure to put the billet on the bucket of the pulley, turn the wheel, and whiten it with a knife to make the thickness of the billet proper and clean inside and outside.
4. Basking: Put the processed blanks on the wooden frame for drying.
5. Engraving: Use bamboo, bone or iron tools to carve patterns on the dried or semi-dried blank body.
6, glazing: common round mouth by dipping glaze (the billet into glaze bowl, a time along with glaze flush immediately offered) or swing glaze, the glaze slurry injection shaking inside billet, make up and down or so even glaze, then quickly away excess slurries), cut (relative to “circular unit”, “round device” means by throwing method of forming the circular vessels, such as bowl, plate, plate, etc. And the vessels with more complicated forming process, such as bottles, zun, POTS, etc., are called “cut ware”) or large round vessels are blown with glaze (the method is to cover the bamboo tube with gauze, dip in glaze and blow with mouth, so repeated many times, the blank surface can get even thickness of glaze layer).
7. Kiln: The time process is about one day and night, and the temperature is around 1300℃. Build the kiln door first, ignite the kiln, fuel is pine wood, give technical guidance to the piling work, measure the weather of the fire, master the kiln temperature change, and decide the time of ceasefire.
8, colored glaze: glaze colors such as colorful, powdery, etc., are used to depict patterns and fill colors on the glaze surface of burnt porcelain, and then baked in red furnace at low temperature, the temperature is about 700℃–800℃. In addition, before the kiln namely on the blank pigment embryo painting, such as blue and white, underglaze red, is called underglaze red, its characteristic is the color under the high temperature glaze, never fade.
Post time: Nov-20-2020